Garages fulfil a range of useful functions and enhance the kerb appeal of many homes. Be it storage, playrooms or home projects, it is important to ensure your garage has a door that not only provides convenience when entering but protection from the elements and security for your family and belongings.
Crocodilla are distributors and installers of the SWS SeceuroGlide range of garage doors, offering excellent security, a beautiful design and the latest in technology to make life a little easier
Here are our top 10 garage door safety, maintenance and security tips:
- Consult the owner’s manual and learn how to use the garage door’s emergency release feature
- Make sure the garage door remote controls are out of small children’s reach and they cannot play with them and the wall mounted control is mounted out of their reach
- Children, adults and pets should never stand, run or play under or near any garage door, especially when it is opening and moving.
- Never place fingers between door sections- our SecuroGlide Sectional Garage Doors have finger-safe joints for ultimate safety
- Ensure your garage door is regularly maintained by a trained service technician to keep it operating safely. Annual maintenance is recommended
- Visually inspect your garage door each month. Look at springs, cables, rollers and for signs of water. Consult a trained service technician for any repairs
- If someone has backed into the garage door, it’s a good idea to have the door inspected and/or repaired by a trained service technician. Even if the door doesn’t appear damaged, the operating system may be become misaligned and need to be repaired
- Do not leave your garage door partially open, as it can pose a security threat. If you need additional air circulation, ask us about adding vented slats on SeceuroGlide Roller Garage Doors
- Whilst on holiday, unplug the garage door opener unit or use a vacation lock console security switch, rendering the remote unstable to reduce the risk of home invasion
- Rethink garage door remote control safety, don’t leave a remote control in your car where it could be stolen. Instead, control your garage door through your smartphone. SeceuroGlide Connect+ even allows you to open and close the garage door with a simple call or text message, ensuring your property is always secure
Call Crocodilla Today…
Designed and manufactured in the UK, the SeceuroGlide range of garage doors are suitable for almost any garage. Built to last, each door is made-to-measure ensuring a perfect fit. Our fully trained and friendly team are here to help from design to installation. Contact us to book a site survey by phone 01794 367286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!